Friday, April 24, 2009

Dogs

I wrote the story on homeless animals with my own little ragamuffin, Daisy, sitting in my lap. I love that dog. She's my buddy and has nursed me through more heartaches in the past year than I ever thought I would encounter.

I couldn't really say that, you know, that I think everyone needs a pet. But, I do. The world is too hard to go at it alone. Your friends will ultimately turn on you at some point and you will be lonely. Those are the days you need a Daisy.

She's a mess. She's scared of her own shadow but watches Law and Order:SVU every night. When I need to clear my head, she's always ready to go on a walk. So, I walk and walk and pray and pray at night and I talk to her and I talk to God. You know, everything is better after that.

This year, I had awful Tuesdays. Work 8-9, Spanish Civ class 9-11, Geology 11-12:30, Geology Lab 1-3, TCF 112 6-9. Every Tuesday when I got home Daisy was there to run and sit in my lap. That's true love.

I wanted to write a story about these puppies because they've been abused and neglected. Daisy was and I saw how much it affected her. She hates to make me unhappy. So, I wrote for the underdog. I wrote for those puppies on the really sad ASPCA commercial.

This is what I love doing, and this is what I'll continue to do. Writing for the underdog, the people (or animals) that can't speak for themselves.

God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment