Monday, November 16, 2009

Rammer Jammer, Yellow Hammer

My last football game is coming up this Saturday. I'm so sad.

These past 4 years have turned me into a die hard Bama fan, and I'll take that to my deathbed. I won't ever miss another game. I'll still sing Rammer Jammer at the end of every victory. I'll know our players, our coaches and our plays. No matter where I end up, I'll always talk about "the bear," wear houndstooth and yell "roll tide." Alabama football is part of who I am now.

But as I was sitting here, getting sad, I started to think...the best has yet to come.

Right now Alabama Football is all that matters. I love it. But in a few years I'll have a family. How much greater than football will that be? I can't wait. I can't wait.

I've been promised so much, and G-d has been faithful. Just looking at everything in the next few months takes my breath away. Finishing this semester strong, working at the Huntsville Times over the break, trip to DC to intern, research project, journal article, conference paper when I come home, working as a TA in the spring, taking Rick Bragg's class.

My G-d is faithful. His promises can be seen each and every day in my life.

So, the best has yet to come. Praise Him.

Grace and Peace,
jg

1 comment:

  1. I hate to be the only blog post on this but reading your recent blog got to me thinking about what to expect while here at UA for the next couple of years. You seem so dedicated and that is what I want my time at UA to be. I want to be committed to things I want to learn. I would really appreciate it. I moved down to Alabama before semester started and love it here so far! It would be great to get more insight from a true Alabaman. If this helps, I'm going to major in Sports Broadcasting. Please feel free to write a blog on it if you want.

    As for Alabama football, I love Gamedays! I love football and Saban is definitely going to bring us a National Championship! Wouldn't that be something for the football team to win it all during your senior year???!!!

    ROLL TIDE!!!

    ReplyDelete