Monday, March 29, 2010

Finally.

I'm finally doing it. I'm finally going home to interview my grandmother and get the one love story I want to hear. I've told it on here before, but this time, I'm going to write it for real.

The other story I'm working on is the history of Bryce through the eyes of the Partlow children who lived there when they were growing up. The PR director at the Department of Mental Health told me nobody had ever done this angle of Bryce before. I'm pumped.

What now?

What next?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jessie, I just now found your blog via Alan's new blog. Good Stuff Girl. I have enjoyed reading your posts. Now, I am wondering what you are currently studying in the Bible...I am in a slump and reading about you being in the Word has inspired me to get back in it. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's weird, but I've been reading a lot of literature with religious undertones and then going to the references they made in the Bible. I had to get away from theology for a while because I'm not sleeping enough to not get confused, so I've gone back to some of the classics- East of Eden, Franny and Zooey, Little Women, ect.- to get a different historical perspective. I absolutely love the idea of living in the old days when faith ruled every aspect of life. Also, I just finished Anne Frank for the first time, and although she was Jewish, I think it may be one of the best modern-day examples of faith, second only to maybe Elisabeth Elliot. Maybe. I do love Through Gates of Splendor, though.

    ReplyDelete