Friday, August 14, 2009

People are crazy.

It's just me and Daisy tonight.

I had to choose to go drinking or to go home. I picked home. I'm 21 and I don't think that drinking in moderation is bad, but drunkenness is a sin. No question about it. As I was leaving, I just kept telling myself, "That's not where a Christian writer needs to be." And as I walked to my car, I got more and more mad that I had chosen a profession that didn't allow me to be in situations like that. I can't be. I'll lose credibility as a writer. I'll have unending doubt as I tell young girls to not date disrespectful boys when I'll tolerate it all the time on the basis that, "it's not really them because they're drunk."

Tonight it's just me and Daisy. I'm going to read a book about football to get ready for my new internship and get scared by Criminal Minds. It'll be worth it one day...you just wait and see.

-jg

No comments:

Post a Comment