Tuesday, February 17, 2009

No turning back, no turning back.

I'm still skeptical about the whole blogging thing. I think it's conceited to think that you would actually want to read what's in my head. I'm an awful communicator. What makes me qualified to write about anything? The only reason I'm in journalism is so I can talk to people. I'm not good at being authoritative, tough, opiniated, or all of those other things that make people want to read blogs. The more I get into journalism, the more I realize I hate it. I hate the "get the story no matter what" attitude. I hate that we don't report more on people. Real people. Let's talk about them. Let's talk about people that are going to change the world. Let's help them. We can reach the world faster than anyone else. Events are one thing but why should I have to keep my opinion out of something I really believe in?

The guys at UnAshamed. They're awesome. I don't even know them but I love what they're doing. It's amazing. They've got it. They've realized that in the end, we're only here for a little while and building eachother up is the only thing that matters.

It's easy to get wrapped up in newspapers and web sites. You put so much hard work into them. But I'm tired of wasting time doing something that isn't going to make a difference. I'll write about things that make people feel better. The stories of hope. Stories of encouragement. I have better things to do with my time. Loving people. Being there for my brothers and sisters in Christ.

My favorite David Jeremiah quote: "My friend, this is not a time to climb into a white robe, sit on a fence, and get a stiff neck looking up to the sky, waiting for the Lord's return. This is a time to get busy for God. Use the powers of energy and gifting he gives you. Maximize the time. Cash in on opportuntities. One of the most simple objectives of a Christin is not only to go to heaven but to take as many people with you as you can! Share the gospel, teach the children, build up the weak, strengthen the faltering, encourage the fallen, and reach a strong hand to those who are hurting. In every good work," occupy till I come," said the Lord."

So, I'm tried of wasting time writing about things that will fade. Let's write about the eternal. Let's show His mercy to everyone we come in contact with.

Grace and Peace,
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment