Sunday, February 1, 2009

Scheduling scheduling!

I had a particularly hard time with this first story for several reasons.
1. My sources would not respond to my calls and/or emails. Once, while I was on the phone with a source, he said "I will be sending you an updated... wait, I'm doing it right now" and never actually sent it. I understand that we all have scheduling problems, but really? It's a college sponsored Web site and I'm a college reporter.
2. It was an advancer. I hate doing those. I hate them. I know they're important but I just don't like writing them at all. When I don't like doing something, no matter how hard I try, it never comes out good. Never.
3. I don't like writing about events. I like writing about people or places or something I can see and talk to and "show them not tell them" like Rick Bragg said.

Do you sign these or what?
Maybe like a CB handle? This is big dolly, I repeat big dolly signin' off for the night. Hope all y'all have a nice ride. Over n out.

No comments:

Post a Comment