Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Birthday.

So, I'm 21 today. I have four classes and a test. I'm not gonna lie, there's a very small part of me that feels like I'm not celebrating because I won't be drinking. It's like Senior Prom where its so hyped up that you forget what it's all about.

I'd rather be in Panama. Hands down. Long days out in the sun, long nights sitting on front porches talking for hours. I leave in 11 days.

In 21 years I have:
-Been to the 5th Ward of Houston 3 times on mission trips
-Been to Mexico once, City of Children!
-Pensacola mission trip
-Spent a month last summer traveling in the Darien rainforest working with Embera indians.
-Danced at Disney World three times.
-kept a 4.0 in college
-blah blah blah.

I think it's a little boring. I've been happy. I've been blessed far more than I will ever deserve. I'm just ready for a change. I'm ready to put away the idea of "doing what I think I'm supposed to do" and move on to doing what I'm called to do. Take risks for Christ. Have a gentle spirit, boldness, stop doing all the kiddie things...the list goes on. Yea, yea, I think it's time for a change.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1 Corinthians 13:11

I think it's time to put away those childish things.

Things to look forward to:
-Panama in 11 days.
-Hopefully interning this summer at the Women's Missionary Union
-Finally FINALLY getting to write stuff that I want.
-No more drama, no no no more drama drama. I think that goes with the turf of getting rid of childish things.

Maybe this will be the year I figure it all out...maybe. Then again, I'm learning (slowly) that part of the beauty of God's plan is enjoying every minute worshiping Him and not knowing what tomorrow holds.

It's today for which we're responsible, God still owns tomorrow. -Elisabeth Elliot

Either way, I think it'll be a very good year.

Grace and Peace,
jg

No comments:

Post a Comment