Friday, March 6, 2009

Ha decidido seguir a Cristo. No vuelta atras.

I haven't made a list.

I haven't made a list yet.

Not a packing list. Not a to-do list. Nothing. I could be doing that now, but no. I leave in 8 days. Since I have taken up procrastination, I have started journaling, taking Daisy on some long walks, read 2 books, done this, ect. ect. ect.

My luggage is just sitting there in the middle of my floor. Lonely.

My 40 days of stresslessness is surprisingly easy. I've been blessed a lot these past few weeks. Without worrying or blowing things out of porportion, I have so much more time to just sit and enjoy little things.

Examples:
Bessie, the stray puppy we found and kept for a weekend
Family dinners, birthday parties,
Birthday cards, especially those that are really really appropriate
Writing letters to God-admitted, this has become kind of an obsession. I have my journal and everytime I feel myself getting stressed, I write him a note asking Him to take my burdens.
Tanning beds on dreary days, for the vitamin D of course
Afternoon naps
snow! then sunshine.
Good books: Currently reading "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World"


The more I get ready for the trip, the more I get homesick for Alto Playon. I remember holding this little girl for 7 hours. She was so so so sick. I don't think she's still alive. She sat there while I took hand sanitzier and baby wipes and cleaned her off so the bugs wouldn't be on her face. This is probably the best memory I have. I think it was burned in my brain. I can still see her and feel how heavy she was when I picked her up. But, it was like a different weight. She shouldn't have been that heavy.

I'm ready to go. 8 days.

Grace and Peace,
jg

No comments:

Post a Comment