Thursday, March 26, 2009

One fine day...

One day, I want to write about Jesus. I want to leave all that theology-talk behind and write about the Jesus that walked this earth. The one that, were He living here today, would stop and talk and drink sweet tea with people sitting on their front porches and probably stop to play ultimate frisbee with college students. I want to use God-inspired words to paint a picture of a Jesus that comforts the hurting and calms, calms, calms, the stressed out. I want to write about a Jesus that understands every human emotion. If people read it in the morning, I want to write about a Jesus that they invite to come and walk with them for the day. If they read it at night, I want to write about a Jesus that makes them sleep a little better because they know they're loved and saved.

Oh, there's no turning back now.

No comments:

Post a Comment