Friday, February 26, 2010

Awe-struck.

I'm stressed. Real stressed. But the thing is, I could not ask for more right now. I'm stressed about these amazing opportunities I've been giving. No more complaining. The stories will get done on time, the research will be done, I have a post-grad job in case nothing else opens up. I have family and friends who will drop anything when I need them.

I've been blessed.

We're supposed to keep a blog about newsworthy things, I suppose. I try, but I'm not good at that. I don't want to judge people. I want to write about them, but I always feel like I'm shooting my opinion in when I write blogs. Hm.

I was writing a story the other day and asked God this, 'How do you see these people?' That's what I want to capture. I want to describe how the creator sees them. He knows we aren't perfect. But what characteristics does he see when he looks at us?

Something I read in The Shack was God saying that nothing bad ever comes from Him. We think he 'let us go through it to teach us a lesson,' but I don't think it's like that. We screw up. Other people screw up. We do go through it by His grace, but he didn't cause it.

I've been blessed. I just needed to take a minute to realize that today.

Sometimes, it just can't get any better.

jg

No comments:

Post a Comment