Sunday, February 28, 2010

Oh, I've got to get one of these.

I'm working on a story about a Down Syndrome orphan that was adopted out of Ukraine. After hours and hours of research (procrastination) on reecesrainbow.com, I've decided I'm going to get me one of those babies one day. I have to. I highly recommend you go to that web site. There are 12 families in Tuscaloosa adopting internationally right now. Their blogs put mine to shame. I suppose Momma's just have the best words for describing their children.

Also, it's stories like these that remind me how much we take for granted in the U.S. The kid, Xander, was 16 pounds on his fourth birthday. He lived in a closet with five other children. I'll spare you the tears, and there will be tears when you hear the whole story, but we forget that babies live through that.

I have to get me one of those babies one day. One day after I've worked hard, of course.

I'll post the story on here later. It's going to be a profile on this child's life almost told through his eyes. He's had Down syndrome and autism, but I'm going to try my best to put things in his terms.

Suggestions welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment