Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dump trucks.

Today, I was walking Daisy up the back stairs of my apartment. If you know Daisy, you know she's a little "special." Honestly, I think she's mentally handicapped. It's a lot like living with a handicapped child, but I just love her so much.

Well, today Daisy wanted to watch the dump trucks drive from our apartment complex to the road. I fought her and fought her yelling "I don't have time for this." I was mad and she was stubborn. The sad thing is that I wasn't really that busy. It was a perfect day and I had ample time before I had to be at work.

So, I gave in. For about 15 minutes, we sat on the back stairs and watched the dump trucks drive into and out of University Village.

I'm not usually a "stop and smell the roses" person, but I think I'll try to take a little more time to pause from now on. Like C.S. Lewis said in Surprised by Joy, "It is not settled happiness that glorifies the past, but momentary joy."

Today, Daisy and I had a little momentary joy.

God is good and the blessings outweigh the problems these days.
Who could ask for more?
Grace and Peace,
jg

No comments:

Post a Comment