Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hallelujah.

I've been thinking a lot about that word Hallelujah since my last post. First, let me say that my week has been so filled with blessings that I can not even begin to make a list. I can't begin that list tonight because I know I will never finish it. That's how much the Lord has revealed His power to me this past week.

Tonight, after another God-filled day, I found the only thing I could tell God was "hallelujah." I drove home saying this praise word. It resonated in my head as I walked through Target.

Hallelujah Lord, you are so great.

I saw an old friend post something on Facebook about God the other day. Get this, he wrote G-d. I love it. I'm stealing it. From now on, I will reserve the Holy of Holies just as they did in the days of covenants and the old law.

I've been questioning my career choice lately. Not really MY career choice, but rather the one He chose for me. Then I remembered how it all started...

I used to sit at this Starbucks every day when I went to UAH. I sat there and I read my Bible every single day. I covered the entire New Testament and most of the old that year. And before I came to UA, I gave my life to Him once again.

The first time was when I was 12. Daddy took me to the church and baptized me. This time I gave my professional life over to Him. The deal was this- I would go and work as hard as I could, do as much as I could, keep the faith, and study hard, and God would put me where he needed me in four years. Now that I'm starting to gain momentum on all of this, I'm just figuring out that this is just His plan playing out. I'm just here to be used by Him. I'm out of control. Amen.

I'm going to DC in January. I'm coming home to work on a bunch of research that most undergrads don't get the chance to. I'll have the byline (with my professor) on a conference paper and a journal article. Resume boost? yes.

I'll be spending the night in His word.

Glory, glory, Hallelujah, G-d.

Grace and Peace,
jg

No comments:

Post a Comment