Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are.

I know where the wild things are. They find me. They follow me. They flood my Facebook, Twitter, text message inbox, email, and comment box with messages. I know where the wild things are, they're at UA.

I attract creepy people. I attract the wild things. I get overwhelmed when I hear a "you're supposed to be a Christian" when I turn someone down for a date. I stress when I know the right thing, the honest thing, is going to hurt a wild thing. I hurt for and with the wild things as I see their hopelessness. I cringe as wild things try to make sense of the word of G-d without accepting Him into their hearts. Wild things think it's all about forgiveness.

I'm heart broken when a wild thing curses me. My heart aches for them. Secretly I long to show my heart to the wild things, but I know the wild things aren't ready to see and understand that. If you're going to talk to a wild thing, you've got to modify your grammar a little. Wild things don't understand King James.

The wild things want me to fail. They want to see a Christian dead to joy. They want to see the world's problems affect me. I pass the wild things every day. I see their atheist sidewalk chalk, and I pray for the wild things.

I grow weary talking to the wild things. I grow impatient trying to be Christ-like in a world of wild things. Some days, the wild things get the best of me.

Then I remember that the wild things can't hurt me. My joy isn't contingent on the wild things.
Jesus lived among the wild things, and the wild things rejected Him. And if Jesus was rejected by the wild things, I want to be rejected by them, too.

G-d bless the wild things.

-jg

1 Thessalonian 5:16 Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment