Saturday, October 3, 2009

I should so be studying.

I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I've been trying desperately hard lately to stop looking at textsfromlastnight.com, fmylife.com and saying the words "suck" and "crap."

I'm failing miserably.

Usually, I'll slip up and say something "sucks" then catch myself and say "crap" out of aggravation. Sad cycle, don't you think?

I have two massive Spanish tests Tuesday. Then, I get to go home and get back to my roots for a little while. I'm so tired of studying Spanish. I'm not interested in it. I don't like the language. I don't like anything about it- but the babies. I love hispanic babies. I keep looking at my pictures from Panama, Mexico, Houston and my baby I sponsor and I'm trying to stay motivated.

One day, I want to adopt a hispanic little girl. It's always been on my list. I may not even have a baby, just adopt one. Then I'll use my Spanish.

There's so much to be happy about these days. I'm surrounded by amazing people that are sincerely focused on glorifying the Lord as much as I am. I have the sweetest dog that ever lived. I feel more liberated than I ever have before. In 8 months, I'll have the option to do whatever I want, wherever I want and make this world whatever I want it to be. My apartment is immaculate. I love being a perfectionist. I'm finally learning to be quiet and hear God speak. I have the coolest internship, and I'm slowly learning that hearing my editors tell me that something football-related that I did was good is possibly the best feeling.

There's no deep meaning to this post. I'm just happy. I'm at peace with everything He has given me. I'm excited for my future.

I need to study.

Grace and Peace,
jg

No comments:

Post a Comment