Friday, September 11, 2009

Don't forget, you're a magnolia tree.

Today was the big interview. It went well and I'm so ready to be working from them. The cool thing today was that I saw first hand how blessed I am. I've always known, but there's some times where you're just overwhelmed in seeing how He's blessed you.

As I was sitting outside the office waiting for the interview, all of this hit me. I got a Facebook message earlier from my cousin saying, among other things, "You're a lion. Go take what is yours." Then a string of text messages and phone calls wishing me good luck. Then on my way out, my cousin/roommate told me this, "Good luck. And, don't forget- You're a magnolia tree."

I have some amazing friends and family.

But it doesn't end there. How blessed are we to live in a country that can hold our own when something like 9/11 happens? We may have a lot wrong with us, but we've never been cowards. Land of the free, home of the brave.

Also, I started thinking how much of a blessing my education is. Internship aside, I had a great opportunity to meet with someone who made it in the industry today. I got to see what she's looking for, what I need to improve, and what's going to make me a better writer.

I have the opportunity to work with some of the best tonight. I get to go on a football field and have a blast. Thank God for opportunities.

This is so much more that I could ever deserve.

God Bless America.

-jg

No comments:

Post a Comment