Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Perfection vs. Swine Flu

I woke up at 5 a.m. this morning convinced I had Swine Flu. I had a terrible headache, my body hurt, and I had a fever. So, I emailed my bosses and missed my first class and woke up around 9:30.

It's been a few months since I really wanted to read His word. I love LOVE how Jim Elliot once put it that if he could get anymore out of it by eating it, he would just eat the pages. The weird thing is that in my letter to God last night, I only asked him to talk back. I pray all the time, but I hardly ever Him talk back. I had a dream last night, though, where I was in all these awkward situations with people I didn't want to see and God said STOP. Just stop. I woke up from it confused, as usual, but now I think I get it. It took a Swine flu scare, but I stopped long enough to read His word today. I study so hard to be a good writer, because I've always planned on being a Christian in the media and use this career as a mission opportunity. I study hard. I study hard to learn Spanish, to learn the ins and outs of journalism, but somewhere along the way I neglected to study what's going to make me a good Christian in this world. It's like when you go into a test and realize you forgot to study the back page of the study guide. No, Mid terms are going to have to take a backseat for a few days. I need to go find me some Elliot, Tozer, Nee or Jeremiah.

In other news, I was so happy to find out that the reading today for my discipleship group was Psalm 95 because it's hands-down one of my favorite songs.

Come let us sing for Joy to the Lord, let us shout aloud (clap, clap, clap) to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before Him with thanksgiving, and extol him in music and song.

I used to love it because we got to clap and that's such contraband in the Church, but now I just love that Psalm.

I looked for a youtube video of the fast, acapella version, but I couldn't find it. You'll just have to imagine.

It took a Swine Flu scare, but I had the perfect morning.

Grace and Peace,
-jg

No comments:

Post a Comment