Wednesday, September 23, 2009

You give me fever...

I've had a fever for the past 3 days. I've always liked having them, kinda. They make you go a little loopy, just enough so that it's fun to be inside your head. Right now, I just want to break out some Ella Fitzgerald...you give me fever, when you kiss me, fever when you hold me tight. I'd give anything to be with LeftSide these days. I miss those girls.

I've been reading Tozer lately. Man, I wish I could write like him.

Last night in my Bible Study, we talked about Catherine of Siena. Her story is incredible, but one of the main things that struck me was in her letters which I'm sorting through as I write this. I love letter writing. It's a lost art. The following quotation is my favorite so far. So just read it, enjoy it, and be jealous because a woman that didn't even know how to write dictated these words to the Pope.

"So come, come! Delay no longer, so you may soon set up camp against the unbelievers, and so you will not be frustrated in the endeavor by these rotten members who are rebelling against you![10] I am asking you, and I want you to play a holy trick on them—I mean the kindness I've been telling about.[11] This will be for them a fire of love, burning coals that you will heap on their heads.[12] In this way you will have gained both them and their material means to help you wage a real war against the unbelievers. This is what our gentle Savior did. By heaping such burning hot love on those who were rebelling against him, he succeeded little by little in making them his helpers, bearers of God's name. Take, for example, that dear preacher Paul.[13] He was a wolf, but he became a lamb, a gracious vessel of love[14]—and the fire with which Christ filled his vessel he carried through the whole world. He uprooted vice from Christians and planted virtue in them; unbelievers he drew away from error and unbelief, and offered them the light of faith. Now this is what gentle First Truth is telling you and wants you to do. What you have received, give.[15]

Unbelievable.

Grace and Peace,
-jg

No comments:

Post a Comment